This site has limited support for your browser. We recommend switching to Edge, Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.

Recycled Polyester

65% of all the polyester in our Fall 20 collection is made of recycled polyester. The remaining 35% virgin polyester comes from quality mixes in coats and a leftover fabric. As every other material, polyester has it ́s pros and cons. Polyester is a strong and durable fiber, has good color- fastness and it can be permanently shaped by heat until reheated and reshaped again. Further it is wrinkle resistant, stable, easy to wash and it dries fast. The downside of poly- ester is that it is not biodegradable making microplastics a great challenge. Further it does not absorb any fluids which can make garments clammy when it is hot and humid and also become static.
In terms of production of the fiber, recycled polyester has about half of the CO2 eq. climate impact compared to virgin polyester. Research performed by SWEREA (2017)
comparing two jersey T-shirts, one of recycled polyester and one of virgin polyester (that otherwise had identical construction), showed that recycled polyester shed about 55% less microplastic compared to virgin polyester.


Machine wash cold with similar colors, do not bleach, do not tumble dry, iron, low heat, dry clean.






Congratulations! Your order qualifies for free shipping You are 1.500 NOK away from free shipping.
No more products available for purchase

Your Cart is Empty